Friday, May 13, 2011

A hero worth living like.

There are moments, and they are often, that I wish I was skilled with words. I suppose I am having one of those moments right now. A friend of mine sent me a quote by Elisabeth Elliot (though I have read one of her books in the past and heard many wonderful things about her...I have not taken the time to read much by her) and I am hooked! I am so encouraged and challenged by her words. I pray that I can become a Godly woman similar to her one day.

So just wanted to take a quick moment to share some that jumped off the page and into my heart.

"God never witholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good. God's refusals are always merciful -- "severe mercies" at times but mercies all the same. God never denies us our hearts desire except to give us something better."


"We are women, and my plea is Let me be a woman, holy through and through, asking for nothing but what God wants to give me, receiving with both hands and with all my heart whatever that is."


"There is nothing worth living for, unless it is worth dying for."


"I have one desire now - to live a life of reckless abandon for the Lord, putting all my energy and strength into it."

"The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us to be and have, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else, would set our hearts at rest, and we would discover the simpler life,
the greater peace."


"God will never disappoint us… If deep in our hearts we suspect that God does not love us and cannot manage our affairs as well as we can, we certainly will not submit to His discipline. …To the unbeliever the fact of suffering only convinces him that God is not to be trusted, does not love us. To the believer, the opposite is true."

"The man whose eye is single for the glory of Another can be trusted."

No comments:

Post a Comment