Monday, February 21, 2011

Favorite Moments of a Random Weekend in February


This weekend was quite enjoyable, even though a pile of papers and sickness was lingering with me through out, it was filled with sweet blessings. Caitlin, Candace's sister, came up (she is coming to JSU next fall!) and they asked me to go hiking with them! I really enjoyed it, hopefully the girls did as well!

Here is proof that Galli does love people...
(he is smitten with Caitlin)

We also forged dangerous rivers...

In addition to sweet sister time...There were birthdays to celebrate! My co-worker Jen's youngest daughter turned one!

Celebrating precious birthdays...

Of course, girls will be girls. On Sunday, Carla and I were able to see Aida performed at JSU, they did a great job and I was able to sing mentally along word-for-word with the performers...oh and I nailed it!

I was able to finally wear these cute heels...

And of course, really enjoying this study with the girls. It makes me so very thankful for this sweet time to ask God to shape me into the woman He has in store. Praying often that it will resemble women like Ruth and Rebekah. Women that lived 1 Peter 3:4, "Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." But personally, most importantly, that this verse would be true of my life, Proverbs 31:30, "Charm is deceptive, and beauty if fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

No comments:

Post a Comment