Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Warrior? Only in my mind...


So this weekend feels like a complete bust, mainly in the sense that I wasted two glorious beautiful days indoors...studying for an exam on Middle Ages English. (Whan that April with his surees sotuh...)

Dgroup girls are studying Lady in Waiting by Jackie Kendall and Debby Jones. It is going to be an worth while study. I love the truth in this..."A single woman today needs the boldness to challenge and break the cycle of the "American way" that exalts a relationship with a man as the answer to life." Also Elizabeth Elliot states, "Marriage teaches us that even the most intimate human companionship cannot satisfy the deepest places of the heard. Our hearts are lonely 'til they rest in Him." Anyways, lots of prayers that all of the girls (myself included) break our alabaster box on the feet of Christ and have full completeness in Him alone!

Prayers go out to one of my dearest friends, Mysti. Her Grandmama went to our eternal home this week and the funeral is tomorrow. I know it has been an incredible trying time in their life for a bit now, and I am so spurred onto Christ through her faithfulness and trust in Christ.

In other news, with the warmer weather the neighbors here have been out and about more...Galli has decided that means he needs to let them all know he is here and watching over the house for the Swinneys. I am ready for the cold weather to come back so people hide in their homes and Galli will just be a silent guardian once again. But...how can you not love this sweet face...








So tomorrow after this 'lovely' test...I am ready and excited to do so more brain storming for the new place. In fact, I am thinking a drive by visit should occur...

No comments:

Post a Comment