Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A need for change

Wow another Christmas is over. So thankful that the reason we celebrate Christmas doesn't fade away like a day event does. I have so much to be on my knees about. Lots to be thankful for, lots to be broken over, and lots to pray about. Oh that Christ would consume my heart and my actions. That I would be an individual of action and not empty words. That my words would be tamed and controlled. That my actions and words would show Christ in gentle love and grace. I am pretty sure lately those are two things that I have not been.

So thankful for a sweet man's love that I don't deserve. He is so incredibly patient and loving with me. God really made a special man. 

I am very thankful for God's daily renewing grace and mercy, and 
that He promises never to leave or forsake me (heb 13:5).

I need to let go of the illusion of control. The desire to have things my way (no matter how "right" I think I am in things). I need to trust. I need to obey. I need to live. (I am needy)

"Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens." Hebrews 7:26

Ever feel so unworthy and undeserving you want to run away from it but you can't? 

No comments:

Post a Comment